ANY HIT TO BODY, CLOTHING, WEB GEAR = DEAD RAG, CAN’T SHOOT, CAN’T TALK except call out ‘Medic!”
1st HIT = Wound
- Call ‘HIT’ or SCREAM OUT; LIE DOWN; put on DEAD RAG.
- You can call for ‘Medic’. Stay on the ground!
- BUDDY MUST TIE ON BANDAGE, WITHIN 5 MINUTES or BLEED-OUT (DEAD)
- Can be ‘dragged’to cover – buddy must be holding web gear or arm.
- Can be right back in the game once white bandage is ON and Dead Rag is OFF.
- Must return to Medic to have him remove white bandage, or next Hit = DEAD.
BANDAGES MUST BE TIED AROUND LIMB, not just web gear, etc. ONLY A MEDIC CAN UNTIE A BANDAGE.
How To Die:
- HIT WITH BANDAGE ON = DEAD (also called ’2nd Hit’)
- BLEED-OUT (No Bandage within 5 Minutes) = DEAD
- ARE WITHIN BLAST RADIUS OF ‘BANG’, ‘BEEP’ OR SMOKE
* Wounded will be wearing Dead Rag. Buddy will NOT. So, they’ll BOTH take fire. Any wounded (with white bandage) who gets Hit = Dead.
- Dead must go to the CCP, wait 5 more minutes WITH MEDIC
- When there is NO MEDIC, or when the CCP is too far or OVER-RUN, players can walk back to a FOB/Respawn point
- Your team will have at least one place for respawn, called the Casualty Collection Point (CCP), or the Forward Operating Base (FOB)
- ONLY A MEDIC CAN UNTIE A BANDAGE. Having your bandage removed by a medic allows you to fully ‘re-charge’. Your next hit (with no white bandage on) is simply a wound after you have been ‘treated’ by the medic.
- IT IS IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO STAY CLOSE TO AND PROTECT MEDICS. Players in squads, close to a medic, can repsawn much faster than a ‘lone wolf’ could.
CASUALTY COLLECTION POINT / CCP
- Must be established in a SECURE place, 100 feet minimum (out of range) to the rear of the fight.
- Only a Medic can ‘establish’ the CCP. He does this by specifying the location to the squad leader and the team. It’s ideal to designate location before assault starts.
- Best practice is to have your whole squad return to the CCP together to regroup and call for reinforcements. Start a better assault instead of sending one lone guy at a time to die repeatedly.
FORWARD OPERATING BASE / FOB
- The consistent, fixed location for respawn
- Teams will generally have all spare ammunition and loaders here.
- It can only be moved under special circumstances. * Command must be briefed about this
- The FOB can be destroyed by the enemy. In this case, only a LIVING MEDIC can create a CCP. The FOB may be re-established somewhere else.